| Practice Description: |
Edward Casmere is a litigator and trial lawyer. He concentrates his practice in product liability, mass tort, commercial and general litigation. He has been involved in the litigation of claims in a wide range of areas including:
Mr. Casmere has substantial experience in pre-trial, trial and post-trial proceedings, and has represented various Schiff Hardin clients in numerous proceedings in states from coast to coast.
Personal injury/wrongful death
General contract litigation
Reinsurance and insurance coverage
Mr. Casmere has extensive trial experience in wrongful death and negligence cases and serves as a national trial lawyer for some of the firm's major clients. In addition to his courtroom work, Mr. Casmere serves as national or regional counsel to clients, with responsibility for the development, coordination and implementation of overall defense strategy.
Pro Bono Activities:
Mr. Casmere's pro bono practice includes successfully representing clients in areas ranging from family law to civil rights.
Prior to his law career, Mr. Casmere worked for a number of years in the sales and marketing field.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Trial Bar)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
Year of Birth: 1972
Law School: John Marshall Law School, J.D., 2001
Law School Honors/Involvement: Magna cum laude; Order of John Marshall
Undergraduate School: Illinois State University, B.S., political science and public relations/communications, 1995
- U.S. Attorney's Office, Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, Judicial Extern, 1999
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- 40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch, Law Bulletin Publishing Company, 2009
- Illinois Super Lawyers® "Rising Star" in Personal Injury Defense: Products
Published Legal Writing:
- "Rx for Liability: Advocating the Elimination of the Pharmacist's No Duty to Warn Rule," 33 John Marshall Law Review 425, Winter 2000
- Co-presenter, "Cook County, Illinois Asbestos Litigation: Docket and Procedures," Midwest Asbestos Litigation Conference, St. Louis, MO, September 21, 2012
- Co-presenter, "The Illinois Rules of Evidence - Perspectives from Plaintiff and Defense Counsel," HarrisMartin Publishing's Midwest Asbestos Litigation Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, September 23, 2011
- Co-presenter, "Examination of Corporate Representative," HarrisMartin Asbestos Conference: Trial of a Mesothelioma Case from Jury Selection to Verdict, Chicago, IL, June 23, 2009
- Co-presenter, "Do the Right Thing: Ethical Challenges in Asbestos Litigation," Andrews Asbestos Litigation Conference 2009, New Orleans, LA, April 30, 2009
Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila was established in 2016 to drive exceptional results and provide elite legal services with value-based pricing. Lean by design, their highly experienced and diverse team is intensely focused on solving their clients’ legal problems as business problems.
Additional Office Locations:
San Francisco, New York