| Practice Description: |
President and Managing Partner of Anesi, Ozmon, Rodin, Novak & Kohen, Ltd., Mark Novak is a highly respected trial attorney with over 30 years of experience. Mark is dedicated to championing the rights of the injured and has obtained millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, on behalf of his clients. He has done extensive work for injured union workers and has achieved record-setting results for victims of workplace injuries. He is a respected lecturer and author on the subject of law relating to personal injury cases. He was chosen to sit on the prestigious Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Chicago Bar Association. He also sits on a national committee on product liability law. A long-time union supporter, Mark has endowed a scholarship for the sons and daughters of union members at Loyola Law School of Chicago. Mark is also Chairman of the Novak Family Foundation, a charitable trust whose philanthropy includes many local and national charities as well as providing endowments in support of the arts. In addition to his selection for inclusion in Illinois Super Lawyers, Mark is listed in Leading Lawyers, Who's Who in American Law, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in the World.
Notable Cases and Results:
Although many of Mr. Novak's cases are noteworthy, several deserve special attention:
- $7,173,000 record jury verdict for an ironworker whose ankle was crushed when a steel I-beam fell over onto his leg due to unsafe ground conditions.
- $4,000,000 settlement for a carpenter who sustained a disabling back injury due to an unsafe scaffold.
- $2,000,000 record jury verdict for an ironworker who had a condition of Multiple Sclerosis triggered by fall from defective equipment.
- $2,000,000 settlement for a widow whose husband was asphyxiated by methane gas.
- $3,242,000 record jury verdict for a carpenter who severely injured an ankle in a construction accident.
- $7,500,000 verdict for a motorcyclist partially paralyzed as a result of negligence of a village in failing to properly maintain a road sign.
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 1977
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit, 1978
Year of Birth: 1952
Law School: Loyola University School of Law, J.D.
Undergraduate School: University of Rochester, B.A.
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
Mark was chosen to sit on the prestigious Judicial Evaluation Committee of the Chicago Bar Association. He also sits on a national committee on product liability law.
He is listed in Leading Lawyers, Illinois Superlawyers, Who's Who in American Law, and Who's Who in America.
Mark is active with many charitable organizations including "Christmas-is-for-Kids" and the Make-a-Wish foundation. A long-time union supporter, Mark has endowed a scholarship for the sons and daughters of union members at Loyola Law School of Chicago.