| Practice Description: |
Mr. Capron is a senior partner of Capron and Avgerinos and a founder of the firm. His sole focus on workers' compensation law, aggressive representation of his clients, and long years of experience rank him among the best in his field.
When Mr. Capron works with a client, he not only elicits the relevant facts surrounding the claim, but strives to get a sense of what kind of person he's dealing with. With razor sharp insight and meticulous research, he takes end-to-end control of the litigation process to bring his cases to successful conclusions.
Mr. Capron handles a variety of workers' compensation cases, and he has had extensive experience working with clients in the skilled trades. He understands the specific challenges physical laborers face in the workplace, and in particular, he has represented many union auto mechanics.
In addition to his status as a top notch workers' compensation attorney, Mr. Capron is known for his avocation as a Big Ten football referee. His gridiron experience makes him a tough opponent in the courtroom and gives him a keen eye for making the right calls for his clients. Read more about Mr. Capron's work on and off the football field in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin article, "His Avocation is Making the Calls." And, take a look at our photo library of Dan in action on the field.
Notable Cases and Results:
- One of Mr. Capron's most memorable cases was his representation of a young man who was mentally disabled. The client injured his back while working as a dishwasher for a local hospital. His employer fired him, and then denied responsibility for his injury. The initial settlement offer was $3,000. After working for seven years on this man's behalf, taking numerous doctors' depositions, and making several appeals, Mr. Capron secured an award of lifetime weekly disability and medical benefits for him. The case settled on appeal for $380,000. Mr. Capron is rightfully proud of the job he did for his client.
Year of Birth: 1956
Law School: Indiana University School of Law, J.D., 1981
Undergraduate School: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., history
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Leading Lawyers Member selected by peers in Workers' Compensation Law
- Big Ten Football Official
Published Legal Writing:
- "Chapter 13, Illinois," Independent Contractor Status: State by State Legal Guide ed., John Wiley & Sons, 1993