| Practice Description: |
Nick Avgerinos is a senior partner of Capron and Avgerinos and a founder of the firm. As a workers' compensation attorney, he strives tirelessly to secure his clients' rights and benefits under the law.
Mr. Avgerinos recognizes that workers and their families often come to him when an unforeseen or tragic event has occurred - an incident that will change their lives. With that awareness, he exhibits professionalism and dedication to his clients' interests, always focused on the goal of helping the injured clients and their families.
Although Mr. Avgerinos handles a variety of workers' compensation cases, he has had extensive experience working with union labor, including steelworkers, food and commercial workers, plumbers and steamfitters, carpenters, roofers, electrical workers, brick layers, laborers, machinists, and teamsters, specifically in western Illinois and eastern Iowa. He also maintains strong relationships with members of the auto mechanics' union. Mr. Avgerinos is a frequent speaker about workers' compensation rights at union gatherings throughout Illinois and Iowa.
Mr. Avgerinos' work on cases before the Illinois and Iowa Workers' Compensation Commissions has earned him the respect of the judiciary and clients for his forthrightness and cordiality. Mr. Avgerinos' clients and colleagues agree that he is the consummate workers' compensation attorney: he fiercely defends the rights of his clients and has won substantial monetary awards for them.
Notable Cases and Results:
- One case Nick will always remember was that of a laborer who suffered a serious shoulder injury. The client underwent surgery, which resulted in permanent work restrictions that his employer was unable to accommodate. Without a job or a high school diploma, the client didn't know what he was going to do. However, he did have knowledge of construction, the skills necessary to rehab houses, and friends and family who could maintain properties for him. Nick settled the man's case for a lump sum. With the settlement, the client wisely purchased several fixer upper residential properties, which he uses to generate revenue. Nick is justifiably proud that he helped his client turn one of life's toughest situations into a success story.
Year of Birth: 1956
Law School: Drake University School of Law, J.D., 1981
Undergraduate School: University of Kansas, B.A., economics and political science
Bar/Professional Association Involvement:
- Iowa Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
- Illinois Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
Awards; Honors; Distinctions:
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rating
- Leading Lawyers Member selected by peers in Workers' Compensation Law